Massage is the ancient art of bodywork which focuses on diminishing or eliminating muscle stress. Mental stresses which are allowed to accumulate in muscle tissues can, over time, produce degenerative effects on the body’s posture and immune system.
Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
- Relieves congestion in the body by improving blood circulation
- Increases number of red blood cells
- Stimulates lymph circulation and hastens elimination of toxic wastes
- Relaxes muscle tension caused by the stresses of life
- Increases blood supply to muscles without causing fatigue
- Improves muscle tone
- Helps prevent muscular atrophy if one does not exercise as one should or because disability or age limits amount of exercise one can perform
- Increases venous return of blood to the heart and therefore eases strain on the heart
- Increases tissue metabolism and cell nutrition
- Stretches connective tissue and prevents the formation of adhesions and fibrosis
- Keeps joints more limber and hastens elimination of harmful deposits which are found in arthritis and rheumatism
- Massage makes you feel good.