Lymph Drainage is a specialized light touch medical massage designed to activate and cleanse the human fluid system. These gentle strokes activate the circulation of the tissues and stimulate the functioning of the immune and the parasympathetic nervous systems.
LDT (Lymph Drainage Therapy) is an original hand on method of lymphatic drainage developed by Bruno Chikly, MD, of France. These techniques were developed from his award winning research on the lymphatic system, Dr. Chikly, took traditional lymph drainage techniques and added a level of precision consistent with recent scientific discoveries.
Using LDT enables practitioners using these exacting anatomical science and distinctive manual processes, to detect specific rhythm, direction, depth and quality of the lymph flow anywhere in the body. The practitioner can use their hands to perform Manual Lymphatic Mapping (MLM) of the vessels to assess overall circulation and determine the best alternate pathways for draining body fluid stagnations.
Patricia J DeMossRN, a Certified Therapist, works with her flat hands using all fingers to simulate gentle, specific wave-like movements. These specific, yet subtle manual maneuvers activate lymph and interstitial fluid circulation as well as stimulate the functioning of the immune and parasympathetic nervous systems. It has been shown that when these actions are accomplished the results can be:
- Reduction in edemas (swelling) and lymph-edemas of various origins,
- Detoxification of the body,
- Regeneration of tissue, including burns, wounds, and wrinkles,
- Anti-aging effects,
- Relief of numerous chronic and sub-acute inflammations, including sinusitis, bronchitis and Otitis,
- Relief of chronic pain,
- Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia,
- Anti-spastic actions to relieve conditions such as muscle hypertonus and some forms of constipation,
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, stress, loss of vitality and loss of memory,
- Alleviation of adiposis and cellulite tissue,
- The Advanced techniques, that address very specific structures, including the brain and spinal cord, along with pathologies related to the central and autonomic nervous systems, such as closed-head injuries, whiplash, headaches, dyslexia, cerebral palsy, cognitive behavioral dysfunctions, learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, post meningitis syndrome, birth difficulties or trauma, and feeding difficulties.